Settle in for a rollicking time at the Yawning Portal tavern with the Dungeons and Dragons: The Yawning Portal game-a fresh take on the D&D experience for both D&D experts and newcomers! This iconic inn attracts fascinating adventurers with one thing in common: they're famished and have unique tastes in food. As part of the tavern's staff, feed them by matching up food tokens with the orders pictured on their Hero card. Earn colored gems (and points) for every matching food token, or a bonus for completing an order. Collect more points if you're the first to achieve an Objective challenge or earn an endgame bonus. The player with the most points at the end wins! But there's a twist-the colored gems that appear most frequently on the board receive the highest point value. So, strategize to tip the scoring scale in your favor. This D&D game makes a great gift for D&D fans and beginners alike, and it's an exciting game for Family Game Night.
Includes 5 gameboard pieces, 48 food tokens, 68 Hero cards, 9 Objective cards, 16 Action tiles, 9 Enchant Food Potion tokens, 30 blue sapphire gem tokens, 30 green emerald gem tokens, 30 red ruby gem tokens, 30 yellow topaz gem tokens, 20 white diamond gem tokens, 4 player reference cards, and game guide.
- A DIFFERENT WAY TO PLAY D&D: Whether you're a D&D expert or curious newcomer, the Dungeons & Dragons: The Yawning Portal board game is a fresh D&D experience that brings the whole family to the table
- STRATEGY GAME OF FAMISHED BEASTS & FANTASTIC FEASTS: Play as a hardworking server at an iconic D&D tavern. Feed the inn's eccentric patrons and collect tips, all while staying ahead of the competition
- INTRODUCES 68 D&D CHARACTERS: Encounter 68 diverse heroes created for this game! From goblins and wizards to a vegetarian dwarf, they each have a unique food order and effect on gameplay
- MATCH FOOD ORDERS TO HEROES: Be quick with the quippers and chips! Match food tokens to each Hero card and receive gems as tips. Be strategic to gain the edge over your opponents
- FOOD & POTION MINIATURES: Serve 4 types of mini food tokens, plus a potion token that convinces patrons to love their food. Play a potion token on a Hero card and earn a Perfect Match bonus
- EARN MOST POINTS TO WIN: Collect gems (and points) by seating a hero at the table, resolving a Hero card effect, or filling food orders. Earn more points through extra challenges and an endgame bonus
- PLAY SOLO OR COMPETE AGAINST FRIENDS & FAMILY: Work the tavern alone or compete against the rest of the staff. The modular gameboard is adaptable for 1-4 players